Brief History Of School of Nursing
The School of Nursing, University College Hospital, Ibadan was founded in July 1952. The temporary site was at Eleyele. It then moved to this present building in 1957 after the opening of the 1st Nigeria University teaching Hospital in Ibadan.
The school comprises of hostels with the capacity for accommodating about 340 students, well equipped, modern classroom block with facilities for practical demonstrations, group tutorials, science laboratory and a library.
The school of nursing is a distinct educational establishment in which the student nurses live and belong throughout their course training, though an integral part of the hospital.